Next Mentor Info Meetings:
No Boundaries l, ll & Walk FIT Training: Mentor Info Meeting Saturday October 9, 8:00 AM
Fall Half & Full Marathon Training: Mentor Info Meeting Saturday Oct 21, 8:00 AM
Be a part of the Fleet Feet Stuart Mentor/Pace Group Leader Team! Mentor/Pace Group Leaders play an important role in ensuring the success and enjoyment of our training program participants! Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Stuart Mentor/Pace Group Leader? We are currently looking for Mentors and Pace Group Leaders for our training programs ranging from 5K to Marathon distance.
The Fleet Feet Stuart Mentor/Pace Group Leader Team is a passionate group of run and walk mentors who help people reach their goals of running and walking.
What is a Mentor/Pace Group Leader?
At Fleet Feet Stuart mentors/Pace Group Leaders are an invaluable resource to participants of our training programs and an “on the road” representative of Fleet Feet Stuart. Mentors/Pace Group Leaders attend the training program workouts and provide support to the participants. The primary roles of a Mentor/Pace Group Leader are as follows:
- Maintain a positive attitude with the group and be a motivating force.
- Model courteous and safe running behavior to the group.
- Be able to keep (with GPS watch or by feel) the assigned pace for the group.
- Send a weekly email to mentees to check in and provide support.
- Educate participants about products and solutions unique to Fleet Feet Stuart.
What are the requirements to be a Mentor/Pace Group?
- Able to be a Fleet Feet Stuart store ambassador.
- Can attend at least 80% of training program practices.
- Has successfully completed at least two races at your desired distance.
- Check in with each mentee during the run at each practice.
- A desire to motivate others and help them achieve their goals.
- Read weekly emails from the head coach and have a working knowledge of the workout and route.
- Pass along information from the coach that is important to the participants.
- Attend a Fleet Feet Stuart Mentor Training Session.
What are the benefits of being a Mentor/Pace Group Leader
- The feeling of knowing you’ve helped someone ‘Be the Movement’ and assisted them along their running or walking journey.
- Free entry into the training program that you will be mentoring.
- Various in-store discounts.
- Did I mention the feeling you get from helping someone along his or her running or walking journey?
Join us today and submit a Mentor/Pace Group Leader Application!
Questions? Feel free to contact Stephanie, our Head Coach.
Varies with training programs.