At Fleet Feet Sports we believe that fit and function for your foot type, body type and fitness regimen are the most important ingredients for finding the right shoe. We are constantly wear-testing and evaluating running and walking shoes to determine the best selection for our customers. Among the factors we look at are appropriate level of cushioning to cover any distance, stability features that function properly and comfortable and breathable upper materials.
There really isn't a 'Best Shoe' or 'Best Brand' for everyone. We believe it is more important to select the right type of shoe and try on several brands to determine which model fits your foot the best.
Our current shoe wall contains models by Adidas, Asics, Brooks, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike, Orthaheel, Saucony, Spenco and Onov-8.
- Try on shoes after exercising or late in the day when your feet are at their largest.
- Make sure you have your usual running/walking socks with you to try with the shoes. If not, ask for a try-on pair that is similar and fits well. It makes a big difference.
- Bring your old shoes with you and talk to the salesperson about what you liked and disliked about them. The wear pattern may also be worth checking out.
- Have your feet measured. Both of them. If you haven't had your feet measured in awhile, you might be surprised by what you find out.
- Don't buy your shoes by the color! Focus on how they fit and work for your biomechanics. If they look cool, consider it a bonus. If not, go get them dirty!