At Fleet Feet Sports we believe that fit and function for your foot type, body type and fitness regimen are the most important ingredients for finding the right shoe. We are constantly wear-testing and evaluating running and walking shoes to determine the best selection for our customers. Among the factors we look at are appropriate level of cushioning to cover any distance, stability features that function properly and comfortable and breathable upper materials.
Our product mix is extensive but we stick to brands that have made a commitment to the running and walking market and support specialty retail. We stock shoes from companies that have a solid reputation for quality and commit to at least a one-year product lifecycle for their shoe models. We are always “auditioning” new brands and models for a spot on our shoe wall.
There really isn't a 'Best Shoe' or 'Best Brand' for everyone. We believe it is more important to select the right type of shoe and try on several brands to determine which model fits your foot the best.
Our current shoe wall contains models by Altra, Asics, Brooks, Hoka, Karhu, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike, ON Running shoes, Reebok Nano (crossfit), Saucony, and Topo.
Recovery sandals by OOfos and Spenco.
We also offer trail shoes by Altra, Brooks, Hoka and Saucony.
Tips for buying running or walking shoes
- Try on shoes after exercising or late in the day when your feet are at their largest.
- Make sure you have your usual running/walking socks with you to try with the shoes. If not, ask for a try-on pair that is similar and fits well. It makes a big difference.
- Bring your old shoes with you and talk to the salesperson about what you liked and disliked about them. The wear pattern may also be worth checking out.
- Have your feet measured. Both of them. If you haven't had your feet measured in awhile, you might be surprised by what you find out.
- Don't buy your shoes by the color! Focus on how they fit and work for your biomechanics. If they look cool, consider it a bonus. If not, go get them dirty!