What is it?
Inflammation of the attachment of the calf muscles on the calcaneus.
Excessive pronation, improper training techniques, changes in running surfaces
Pain and tenderness at the attachment site at the heel. Pre-activity pain and morning stiffness with a decrease in symptoms as the tendon warms up. May develop into a heel spur if chronic.
- If caused by excessive pronation, consider a stability or motion control shoe with an insert
- 1 – 2 week heel lift
- Calf stretches
- Massage of tendon
- Educate on proper training techniques
- Addaday Ultra Series
- The Strassburg Sock
- Superfeet Premium Insoles
- CEP Compression Sleeves/Socks
- Hydration & Nutrition (Nuun, GU Energy, Nathan)